We did a whole host of random things. Friday started with one of my FAVORITE activities: going to Baltimore with Matt to see my dad, sneak Subway sandwiches into my purse and go see a movie. We saw Premium Rush and while it was not quite Oscar worthy, it was entertaining and Joseph Gordon-Levitt needs to get added to my celebrity friend list (note: I said FRIEND).
On Saturday, it was time for zumba and what followed was anything but health/fitness related. We ventured to Bethesda, to go cake tasting! Granted, we still have plenty of time, but we were told that this past weekend was a good time to go, due to the holiday. Also, because we are still debating whether or not to have cake at the wedding (no doubt I have a sweet tooth, but for some reason, cake just doesn't do it for me), it was more of an investigative mission: in the battle between cake vs. plated dessert - who will win?! We discussed designs and tried the above flavors; Matt's favorite was chocolate and mine was the red velvet. However, no conclusion was reached.
Once we were all sweetened up, it was time for my friend Ellyn's housewarming party. She warned us that it might resemble a "frat party" and that it did. Her roommates had a keg, a funnel, beer pong and even an ice luge (which I thought was just an Olympic sport, but apparently not). I literally felt like I was in college again and it was so much fun! I even made a new friend, one might even venture to say a BFF, we just hit it off immediately, her name is Skinny Girl Margarita. Given my LOVE for Bethenny Frankel, I have no idea why it has taken me so long to try her cocktails. Well, perhaps because I average two drinks a year? Anyways, next on my list, the white peach margarita flavor and the piña colada. No stopping me now.
Another thing that we definitely should have tried sooner - El Centro D.F, a DELICIOUS Mexican restaurant (named after my hometown after all) on 14th St, owned by Chef Richard Sandoval, who has over 20 restaurants worldwide. Great company (we went with our friends Rilind and Andreas, good food, cool place, decent prices. I think a repeat outing for Mexican Independence Day is a must and I hear they have dancin'!!
For me: Jalisco Shrimp and Crab enchiladas with oaxaca cheese/corn/crema fresca/plantain and cilantro rice.
For Matt: Pork Carnitas - slow roasted pork shoulder/guacamole/pickled onion/salsa verde/habanero salsa/charro beans + tinta roja sangria.
| (our bartenders finger seems to have made an appearance right after he told us to "look like we were in love") |
It was early in the morning and I wanted to talk to my sister Renata, but didn't want to call the house phone and wake everyone up. So, I left her a note on Instagram to call me. Yes, I found out about a month ago that she is on Instagram and quite the active little one. She immediately called me (it worked!) on FaceTime and showed me her new violin. While she is not quite Joshua Bell, she did look adorable. The other day, Renata took a picture of my sad 13 photo Instagram profile (she has 289 as of today), posted it and asked her friends to "follow my older sister". As a result, I have quite a few friend requests from: princesssparkle123, cassidysnuffle, cupcake04, 5cutenails5, dolphinswimmer and such...
To end the weekend, Kate and I went to see Celeste and Jesse Forever. Also, not quite Oscar worthy, but cute and Rashida Jones also needs to be my friend (clearly I don't have a future in writing movie reviews). Buenas noches and a song from the movie, for you.
P.S: Happy birthday (tomorrow) to my favorite signora Italiana Katie!

No comments:
Post a Comment