Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Job fair :(

I'm so glad I woke up early. I'm so glad I put on my suit. I'm so glad I wore my recently dry cleaned dress shirt. I'm so glad I drove to the Holiday Inn. I'm so glad I did my hair, put on stockings and heels. I'm so glad I looked for somewhere to park for 20 minutes. I'm so glad I printed a dozen resumes on pretty paper, I got at Target.

If I wouldn't have done that, I would have never been able to stand in line at a so called "career fair" for 45 MINUTES to be told by a federal agency's representative that I should check out their jobs on www.monster.com and that they were not accepting resumes at the fair.

Thank you job searching Gods, for a lovely and productive morning.

On another note, I keep reading everywhere about these people doing year long challenges after being laid off or because they are sick of their 8-5 jobs. Maybe that is what I need to do, think of something I can do for 365 days and blog about it. It all started with Julia & Julia, now these too:

1. 365 days, 365 new outfits and only $365:
http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/

2. Man lives only off 'groupons' for a year, cannot use money or touch money:
http://liveoffgroupon.com/

3. One dollar diet project:
http://onedollardietproject.wordpress.com/

Seriously! This seems like the most logical solution to my job search. Suggestions and ideas welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment