I do not know how to explain what I have witnessed in these past few weeks. I cannot think of a word to describe it. A little yuppie, creative, specialty, esthetically pleasing are some words that come to mind. Let me give you some examples of places I have been so far:
1. http://www.choptsalad.com/
This place was like salad heaven. Matilda took me today and I cannot stop thinking about it. I know that most of you probably do not associate salad with heaven, but
let's just say even if you are not a salad lover, you will find something you like here. I had the most amazing lunch, it's called the "palm beach shrimp", it contains romaine lettuce, grilled shrimp, heart of palm, avocado, cucumber and tomato. What really made is special was the dressing, "chile-lime". Oh my gosh, delicious. So many ingredients, so pretty, so clean and so packed. 2. http://www.frozenyo.com/
I had walked past this place a couple times and always noticed a really long line. I just thought that frozen yogurt must be extra popular in the summer time. Well, last weekend, after dinner with Cristina, we go into H&M, conveniently across the street from the yogurt place. We were craving something sweet and decided to poke our heads in. Remember I said that Chop't was like salad heaven, well this was frozen yogurt
in. heaven. TCBY who? They offer 16 flavors and 30 toppings. As someone who loves toppings more than the actual yogurt sometimes, this sounded delish! Best part about it, you pay based on weight, so if you want 4 spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt and half a pound of m&m's, white chocolate chips and gummy worms, YOU GOT IT! As if those two were not enough, this week is Restaurant Week in DC. So, Matt and I are breaking our 'only eat out on the weekend' rule and going to try Morton's Steak House tonight and La Tasca, a tapas place, on Saturday for lunch, yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment