Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our new guest

Let me start by telling you that I have the most points in Fantasy Football! It looks like Hellraising Princess is kicking some boy booty. I’ll keep you posted; I know you must be dying to know.

News of the day --- the world traveler, adventurous, famous, mother of Fi --- Amy has arrived. At about 7:30am, we found a 5’3 petite woman with two duffel bags on our door step, she had arrived from Bangkok and was now in Washington, DC. For those of you who do not know her or have not seen a picture, I present you MY MOM:



(That picture was taken almost 4 years ago in Oman)

On another note, I met a lovely couple from Georgia today on the metro. They did not know where to get off for the Capitol, so I told them that I would show them and we started talking. The woman said that she had never seen so many men in suits, never seen a homeless person, never ridden a metro and thought the streets were beautifully paved. She was so nice and cute, it made me realize what we take for granted sometimes. Cities are very different and everyone has had different experiences. She also said that she really liked DC, but was surprised that no one said hello to one another on the street. Aww!

As for festivities, we celebrated Cristina's birthday last Friday. Most delicious oreo cheesecake cupcakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment