Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sun Day

Yesterday, thunder, rain and TORNADO warnings. Today, sun, fun and beautiful weather. Weather is a tricky thing indeed.


I fell in love with DC again today (it seems that is happening quite often these days--Yahoo, DC, oh and Matt). I've always known that I like this city, but today was one of the days where the sun is shining, there is a slight breeze and it's like nothing bad could be happening in the world. Although....ABC news just informed me that while I was basking in this glorious day, two people were shot and killed near Howard University (green line). Hmm.

But, back to the perfect day. This morning I woke up early, went to thy gym and then we met our friends, Andreas and Kate in Bethesda. We've been meaning to go there for a while, I can't believe we hadn't. It was SO nice! People biking, running, red and yellow tulips all over this city, shops and restaurants. We had breakfast at a restaurant called American Tap Room and the combination of great food (low-fat veggie omelet + can we add some sausage?), very enjoyable company and the most comfortable big, leather chairs, made it fantastic. Unfortunately, we didn't get to explore much, because Matt had a 1:00pm tee time in Alexandria, but that just means we have to go back. Not to taint this perfect image (once again), it was lovely, BUT we walked by THE Lululemon store that had been in the news (article) a few weeks prior. I had no idea, but as in turns out, a woman was killed there in March. The only other person there was her co-worker and she said that they had been sexually assaulted, she even tied herself up, but as in turns out, she was the one who made the story up, because she was the murderer!! The store is now closed.

Ok, back to the sunny day. On our way back, we drove by Georgetown and I decided to have Matt drop me off there. I've been thinking about how much I want to just walk around there alone, no one telling me to hurry up in a store, no one dragging me to a store I do not want to go in. Utter freedom.

First stop, Lululemon.

No, I've never been in the store, but today seemed appropriate. And, let me tell you, wow. If you are not an active person, this store makes you want to be, they have everything under the moon when it comes to active wear. Every sock, every type of pant, every accessory. Let me rephrase that, you might wish to be an active AND a wealthy person. Not cheap. I did however make one purchase-- a headband for working out. Most expensive headband of my life? Perhaps. But I am excited about (attempting) running and not having my hair slap me in the face every 2 seconds. By the way, Matt won't stop calling it 'Lululime' and laughing.

I walked around Georgetown for about 2 hours and then ventured over the key bridge back to Virginia. Before heading home, I decided to go to a very exclusive hair salon called 'Haircuttery' (I'm sure Obama goes there) and get a trim. Didn't seem appropriate to start my 25th year with dead ends. Right?









Watched 127 Hours last night, crazy!! Won't spoil it, but incredible true story. Also, congrats to my friend Em who completed a triathlon today in Austin. She deserves some serious "Lululime" attire :)


1 comment:

  1. I would love some Lululemon attire - if only it was a little cheaper! Sounds like you had a great day. Although I must say, for such a cheerful post, you sure did talk about a lot of murders. Happy almost birthday!

    ReplyDelete