-- Dr Seuss
Last night we went to have dinner with Chanona and as we were walking over to get frozen yogurt, I received a phone call from Leticia, she was not just calling to say hi....
SHE AND ALEX ARE ENGAGED!!!
I started jumping of excitement somewhere around G and 9th Street, there may have been some stares. But, it didn't matter, because this was AMAZING news. However, for some days I had a feeling this might happen (pinky promise--I had no inside trading information), so I decided to write my thoughts down on a post-it at work (yes, working very hard always), next to the newspaper date: Wednesday, July 27 2011. Matt was the only person who knew about my inklings/note.
And, it happened!!
My track records is 3-0, I've successfully predicted 3 marriage proposals: Emily, Patricia and now Leticia. But, before you start dialing my number to see when your loved one might "put a ring on it" as our friend Beyonce and the chipettes say, it does not work with everyone. Also, a new personal rule is that I cannot share this "feeling" with you, because if I am wrong one day (heaven forbid), I would hate to be THAT person. No, no, no. Maybe it's time to retire...
But moving along, what is important is that my two very special friends are in love, happy and starting this incredible new chapter in their lives. I wish them ALL of the happiness in the world, they deserve nothing less.
As I wrote this post, I was listening to Pandora and this song came on (!!!), it could not be more appropriate--


Hooray! Your uncanny prediction abilities still freak me out and it's been three and a half years. =0) Congratulations to Alex and Leticia!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Thanks Sof - amazing amazing day :) Can't believe it. Love you!!
ReplyDelete