Wednesday, December 21, 2011

CHRISTMAKAH

Dear ELVES all, 

Greetings from around the world
Mexico (Regina), Italy (Ashley), DC (Sofia) & Texas (Emily)


WHAT A WEEK. I thought that work around the holidays was supposed to slow down.

It's been so insane, that yesterday a post regarding employment on a Korean Taco Truck sparked my interest. Hey, there is a lot of money to be made in the food truck business. 

Hanukkah - 

Tuesday evening marked the first day of Hanukkah and there was a special lighting ceremony near the White House. Unfortunately, I didn't hear about it until after the fact. But, I heard that thousands of people attended and there were latkes AND donuts. However, I must point out, that our menorah has gotten a lot of action of it's own these past few nights. 


Gift idea? - 

If any of you need last minute gift ideas (not that any of you do, I'm sure you all did your shopping months ago), but did you know you can give animals as gifts to "help entire communities become self-sustaining"? The organization is called Heifer International and you can choose from 20+ different types of animals (goat, rabbit, camel, honeybees, etc). Afterwards, you can create a personalized card to tell your friends or family that you gave a gift in their honor. My friend got her boyfriend's parents a flock of chicks today, "that can add nourishing, life-sustaining eggs to families from Cameroon to the Carribean". Thoughts?



24 Hours in Mexico City (cool video) - 



Drawing courtesy of my sister - 

But...which "R.O" is it?

Currently counting the hours until we leave on vacation! Wishing you all the best and the happiest of holidays.

1 comment: