Sunday, December 18, 2011

The weekend Matt drank out of a vase

...yes, last night I turned around and he had poured his beer in something that had an uncanny resemblance to my flower vase, HAHA. In his defense, it was in the dishwasher and it did look very similar to another glass we have :)

Last (work) week was brutal. So, this weekend could not have come sooner. Not even knowing that Britney Spears got engaged could ease the exhaustion....

The weekend officially started at Eighteenth Street Lounge, where we were bidding farewell to a colleague, who is about to embark on the fatherhood journey. There were some onesie conversations, as well as some amour chatteras I have recently been nicknamed the "Love Doctor" at work.

Yesterday, we did a little holiday shopping (you might be seeing some better quality pictures on the blog after Christmas) and then went to see "Young Adult" (the movie with Charlize Theron). It received some great reviews and the writer + director are those from "Juno". While it was definitely well written and acted, it was more depressing than I thought it would be. Plus, it will be hard for me to ever look at Charlize without thinking of "Monster" - the only movie I've ever wanted to leave the movie theater in the middle of. THAT movie was traumatizing. 

However, on a lighter note. Last night, we went to my friend Matilda's holiday party, where a fun white elephant gift exchange ($10 gifts-pick numbers-take a gift from the pile or steal concept) took place. There were about 18 of us and there was definitely a lot of "stealing". Most stolen items - a $15 Starbucks gift card (that I wanted), a Le Creuset mug and a bottle of wine/sex book combo. However, Matt and I were still happy with what we ended up with - a Tryst (coffee house, bar & lounge) $10 gift card and a can of Godiva "luxury hot cocoa".

Other gifts that people got (in case you need ideas for your own Secret Santa) - a bottle of wine, a gingerbread man kit, Star Wars cookie cutters, a cheese cutting board, a mini-Poinsettia flower, a scarf, a six-pack of beer, a cocktail shaker, etc.

??, Matilda, Me and Sarah (the 3 of us from Jones!)



I am not sure what today has in store for us, maybe something like this? Woops, I just realized I forgot football on the chart, so I guess it's only my chart (sorry, Matt)....


Happy (almost) Hanukkah - T minus 2 days. Then, off to Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment