

Today I went to
lunch with Matilda. She took me to a new place called MeatBALLS (yes, emphasis on the
'balls') near Chinatown. I'm
not typically a big fan of meatballs, because it's hard for me to reeaaally tell
what exactly is rolled up in there and I don't like that. Nonetheless, I really
liked the place and think it's a pretty original concept. Side note - You know
where you can buy surprisingly delicious meatballs? Ikea! Fell
in love with them at Alex and Let's engagement party. Matt also loves the turkey meatballs at Trader Joe's (green bag).
The place is an "order at the counter" type of locale, first
you choose your 'ball' type: original, chicken, crab (extra $) lentil or lamb.
Then, an accompaniment (pasta, salad, grinder, minis, platter), a sauce
(marinara, alfredo, mushroom, red pepper, tandoori) and enhancers (mozzarella,
provolone, Parmesan, hot and sweet peppers). Lastly, they also have
some sides (tater tots, spinach and garlic, collard greens and white beans with
bacon. My
choice: minis (little sub), original meatballs (2 instead of 4) with marinara sauce and parmesan
cheese.
Afterwards, as I walked toward the metro, I came across an Anthroplogie store, which I had never noticed (turns out it opened in October). I HAD to go in (to peek and pee). I love it, the store makes me want to move in. I don't know what it is, but I want to jump into their model beds, wrap myself in one of their plush blankets, put on one of those gorgeous dresses, sip hot chocolate out of a monogrammed mug and light a lavender candle. Whatever they are doing, it's working. Except for one minor issue...the prices. I'm in lala land until I sneak a peak at the $219 price tag for a skirt. And...fantasy over.
Guess
who's in town? Brad Pitt and Angelina
Jolie! Apparently, they are in town to premier
her new movie - "In the Land of Blood and Honey". I read that the
screening and party took place at the Holocaust Museum and while the movie was showing, the couple escaped to Charlie Palmer's Steak to have dinner and participated in Restaurant Week (which is going on now). Glad
they could save a little money there, right? We are also trying a new steak place with Kate and Andreas this weekend, too bad we didn't coincide...
This week, my goal was to take our apartment from war zone to peaceful territory. I've gotten
mostly everything put away, so now it'll be time to think about buying a few
more things and see if want to make any more re-arrangements. We also need to
decide what to do with the den. It's not big enough for a bedroom (plus,
it has no doors), but I don't want to end up using it only for storage. Thoughts
so far - office or little dining area. I'm not totally convinced about either one, any other ideas?
Did I mention that
it unexpectedly snowed on Monday? The weather has been all over the place, over
the weekend it was in the 50-60's (today too!) and then all of a sudden a snow flurry? Although, truth be told, we've been pretty lucky this winter, it hasn't been so bad (famous last words, right?) I took a short
video (watch our Steven Spielberg) while it was snowing, to show you, from the balcony -
Happy MLK weekend folks!

Yahooooo for newest blog!!!
ReplyDeleteI try not to go into Anthropologie because I might talk myself into buying something that costs $100 because it's so much cheaper than $250 in comparison. -ef
ReplyDelete